Friday, February 12, 2010

Hip Hop Fridays

This song right here has been getting a lot of buzz on internet shows, music blogs and magazines. In honor of the release of the beautiful Sade's first album in over a decade, rapper T.Shirt wrote a song called 'Dear Sade'. In a recent post, he explains why he chose this song, "I use the song as a vehicle to explain how much Sade has influenced me to be a certain kind of artist. The woman had made classic, timeless music for the last 20 years and I thought I'd flirt little bit." And flirt he did. After massive internet downloads of the track, the song was picked up by Emilio Sparks New York Radio Show. Soon after, XXL Magazine posts the song on their XXL Bangers. From the looks of it, I feel this song will reach Sade pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment